I am always looking for an excuse to eat Mexican food! YUMMY. Tonight I will me making myself the following treat:
What are you doing this Cinco De Mayo? Are you going out, or staying in? What will you be eating/drinking/making?
I can’t wait to hear all about it, whatever it is “divertirse.”
- 2 Bell (Red & Yellow Peppers are my favorite)
- 1 cup cooked Brown Rice
- ½ Tomato, chopped
- 2 Mushrooms, chopped (optional)
- 3 tbsp Sweet Corn kernels (fresh is best but canned is ok too)
- 3 tbsp Red Kidney Beans (canned – or pre-soaked if making from scratch)
- 4 tbsp Tomato Pasta Sauce
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- 4 tsp dried Mexican Chilli Powder (or make your own by combining dried paprika, chilli, cumin, oregano, pepper and garlic)
- ½ a Lime, juiced
- ½ cup fresh Coriander/Cilantro Leaves
- 40g Cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Cut peppers in half and remove stem, core and seeds. Lay empty peppers on a lined baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine rice, tomato, mushrooms, corn, beans, pasta sauce and half the Mexican Chilli Powder. Mix well.
- Stuff mixture into peppers (if your peppers are large you may need to make a little more mixture to ensure they are filled to the brim).
- Top with grated non-dairy cheese (optional).
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with Mexican Chilli Powder, lime juice, cracked black pepper, avocado slices and fresh coriander leaves.